Best Roof Options For Your Home
When you update your existing roof, it allows you to add value to your home. It also tells the buyer right away what your home looks like….and even feels like. Roof framing, preparation, and proper installation is very important—but the type of material you choose for your roof can bring your home to the next level.
Tips for Choosing Roof Material
- Find out how heavy it is and if it required special framing.
- Color choices—will the color or style compliment your home?
- Does material meet fire codes?
- Find out if there are special installation or maintenance issues.
- How the material performs in extreme weather conditions that happen in your area is a must when picking out roofing material.
- Cost, Life Span and Warranty
Figuring out all these questions/issues will help to determine what the best choice for your home is. There are lots of options out there, but here is the most common one! Home Remodel Help Gilbert AZ
Asphalt Shingles Most common residential roofing used in the US. They are economical and also easy to install. They can be reinforced with fiberglass or cellulose and that won’t change the appearance of the shingle.
Pros: Variety of colors to choose from, widely available and one of the least expensive materials available for roofs.
Cons: Shorter life span than some other roofing materials, insulation isn’t as great as other options, and the quality of the shingle will vary.
House Styles Asphalt shingles can work with many different architectural styles; they look great with a traditional suburban style home.
Cost/Life Span: Price will range from $70 to $120 a square. If maintained, shingles can last 20 to 25 years. Home Remodel Help Gilbert AZ
Don't Know One? Call Pro1